jojo-mama

I am a new stay at home mom who used to have the instant gratification of working at newspapers for more than 15 years. some days i miss seeing my name in print. maybe this will help.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

its funny how quickly your life gets wrapped up in itself. i mean one minute i am working full-time -- i quit a year ago today -- AND raising a baby and doing all of the wife and house stuff and the next i am at home full time feeling too busy to talk to my neighbors.

maybe its a season of life with two small kids -- BOTH in diapers -- or maybe this is me being lulled into mediocrity. i am actually starting to believe and act as if all i can do is raise my kids, do my husband and cook dinner. give me a break.

i am struggling not to wear sweats everyday. at this point i am happy that i actually change clothes when i get out of bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

It is a season of life, especially with the two little ones. And while it may seem like an eternity now, it will pass, diapers, naps, terrible twos (and fours and sixes)! Then, of course, it will be just another season, carpooling, sports schedules, homework. Was it Rosanne Rosannadana who used to day, "It's always something!" (Okay, that is supposed to be an encouragement. Honest.)

5:47 PM  
Blogger Sheila said...

oh jaymarie, i do so miss you!

yes, joelle, this season will pass. hang in there. two kids is no walk in the park, that's for sure. just getting through the day and still loving them is an accomplishment to me!

oh, and samuel has made no progress whatsoever in the potty training area. when i'm healthy, i'm going out to buy diapers. i told him no more pullups until he does another poop in the potty, which has not happened in over two weeks. little bugger - last night he removed the poopy pullup and walked out to tell me that he had poop on his foot. it was not my finest hour, that's for sure.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home