jojo-mama

I am a new stay at home mom who used to have the instant gratification of working at newspapers for more than 15 years. some days i miss seeing my name in print. maybe this will help.

Monday, April 17, 2006

I went back to my old job today for a visit, a OC newspaper, about a year after I went on maternity leave and then quit. It was odd like nothing had change. Like at any minute I would have to walk back to my desk and figure out an illustration for the cover or answer an IM or talk with an editor.

But instead I gathered my two kids with cheerios all over the floor, loaded the car and drove home. Something I had wanted since I had my daughter almost three years ago.

Its the usual sunny beautiful day and I left work free.

Eveyone asked me what I do all day staying at home. The one thing i didnt expect is that i have time to be helpful to someone. time to listen and time to enjoy the sunshine and the birds singing. time to enjoy my daughter's hundreth "why" question.

Time to look outside my family and help someone else. Time to reflect and to plan.

Yep, i sure did miss working. Getting paid. Getting something tangible done that i can see the results the very next day.

Well my kids are napping so i think i will too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home