jojo-mama

I am a new stay at home mom who used to have the instant gratification of working at newspapers for more than 15 years. some days i miss seeing my name in print. maybe this will help.

Thursday, March 15, 2007













Wait, I thought "Peter Pan" was a nice story?

I don't remember ever watching the Disney classic as a child so now I watch it here and there with my kids. I was surprised by these things:

1. Peter Pan is a narcissistic clueless boy who all the girls have a crush on and he only cares about himself and playing... and hurting Capt. Hook
2. Tinker Bell is just mean:
a. she is jealous of everyone especially Wendy
b. she is so angry that she turns red and burns through leaves
c. She tries to hurt Wendy
d. She betrays Pan to Capt. Hook
3. A dog named Nana is who takes care of the children and all that the baby remembers when asked about his "real mother"


what else am I missing? I guess I should just be happy the parents are alive unlike "Cinderella", "Snow White" and the mother in "Beauty and the Beast"

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheila said...

You know, this would be a great theme - disney movies from an adult's perspective. You could do a different movie each week! The Little Mermaid - where is her mother? Dumbo - what is the appropriate response to bullies? Aladdin - again, where is her mother?

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home