jojo-mama

I am a new stay at home mom who used to have the instant gratification of working at newspapers for more than 15 years. some days i miss seeing my name in print. maybe this will help.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

My kids bedtime is my favorite part of the day. I sometimes count down the hours or minutes to naptime or bedtime.

By 8pm solid, the kids are asleep and I am downstairs and the evening is mine .... to clean and do some chores and yes watch some good old fashioned TV.

I kinda feel bad saying that time without my kids is my favorite. Then I realized what my second-favorite time is: the time I looked forward to when I missed it every day because I was working full time. The time when I see their sweaty hair sticking to their face and their rosey cheeks: The time when they wake up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with you. . . Sleeping time is the best.

2:24 PM  
Blogger joelle said...

mary, you can link my blog to whomever...

8:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks... here is the link:

http://ltuande.blogspot.com/2006/04/mommy-blog-referral.html

9:50 AM  
Blogger Glyn Norman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Glyn Norman said...

My favorite is Landon falling asleep on me. Sighing his way into slumber on my chest. I love that he can feel so competely secure and relaxed. I think it may be as close to perfection as this world offers.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home