jojo-mama

I am a new stay at home mom who used to have the instant gratification of working at newspapers for more than 15 years. some days i miss seeing my name in print. maybe this will help.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

my husband calls me "leather feet". it could be my indian name.

its true i love being barefoot and in southern california that is possible 24-7. so they get think and dirty and gross but i say "comfortable".

christians always do the washing of feet thing as some special moody events to imitate jesus washing the disciples feet. it never had an impact on me, really -- so far removed from our culture now, although i love and respect the idea.

tonight was the first time it hit home a bit.

my 3 year old asked me to put my feet in the tub while her and her brother took a bath. she washed my dirty "leather feet" and it felt good.

maybe that is what i can get from the washing feet story in the bible. jesus can make us clean, and it feels good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home