jojo-mama

I am a new stay at home mom who used to have the instant gratification of working at newspapers for more than 15 years. some days i miss seeing my name in print. maybe this will help.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Their safe place

I realized yesterday that I am my kids safe place. When I called upstairs to my three year old, it made my one year old jump. He immediately ran, arms wide open, into my chest... Later, when my older daughter was disciplined she wanted to "hold you".

It occurred to me that I now need to show them where my safe place is. Not food or alcohol, but in the arms of God. I just have to remember that myself.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Joelle, I love this post. If I tried to say the same thing it would take no less than 1,000 words. I probably can't even get throught this comment in less than that. ;) You say so much in such a short space. I salute you (on your brevity but more on your beautiful and meaningful nugget of truth)!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Sheila said...

Excellent. Love it.

9:22 PM  
Blogger joelle said...

aseveremary: thanks! i wish i could just remember to run arms open wide to God instead to food.

12:56 PM  
Blogger joelle said...

oh, and mary, journalism is all about writing short. so its 2 decades in the making :)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Joelle:

a) Me too. Only not just food. I seem to go just about anywhere first. :(

b) The 2 decades weren't put to waste.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home